Aug 7, 2018

Southern Plate Lunch

I truly enjoy cooking.

In fact, aside from my other creative endeavors and projects, it's something that I actually can finish quite easily.

Today, I'm just throwing things together. Adventurous? I like to think so. I usually don't like not knowing what I'm going to make beforehand. But, alas, after a packed work day, here I am.

Baked chicken, smothered in gravy with mashed potatoes and corn on the side. Oh, and there's rice, too. Hey, gravy without any rice? I’m Cajun, y’all. There's also lots of butter. Loaded into these luscious potatoes are two entire sticks. You can never go wrong with too much butter. So said Julia Child...or, at least, I think she did. Butter married with the milk makes a nice creamy texture no one can resist.

C'est bon! Let's eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @thehungryfamilyeats